National Cattlemen’s Beef Association Grassroots Representation Committee and Board of Directors Structure and Process
**National Cattlemen's Beef Association (hereby referred to as “the Association)
REPRESENTATION FOR STATE AFFILIATE ORGANIZATIONS
State Organizations earn Board representation and committee representation on each policy committee based on the following formula:
States affiliates with less than 150,000 head of beef cattle:$5000 First Board Seat
All other state affiliates:$10,000 First Board Seat
Each additional Board seat: $35,000
Seats are earned based on collective revenue from the affiliates respective organization fee and membership dues remitted.
Affiliate members earn a seat on each policy committee for each board seat. Affiliate members may appoint one person to each Policy Committee.
Association bylaws limit any one person to serving on only one policy or checkoff committee. This means that you cannot appoint NCBA Federation director from your state if they have already been appointed to a committee by the members they represent.
Committee terms begin with convention and run through summer business meetings so they are consistent with NCBA’s planning and budgeting cycle.
NCBA affiliates are eligible to appoint members to NCBA Policy Committees. Appointments must be active NCBA members.
NOMINATING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The Joint Industry Nominating Advisory Committee is composed of:
- Seven of the Association’s Policy Division directors, or former directors
- Seven of the Association’s Federation Division directors, or former directors
A. Nominating Advisory Committee Appointment Processes
The persons appointed to the Joint Industry Nominating Advisory Committee from each Division shall come from each of the seven regions.
- In each of the seven regions the State Beef Councils will elect one Federation Division director, or former director.
- In each of the seven regions the Policy Division affiliates will elect one Policy Division director, or former director.
From their seven members, the Association Coordinating Chair (the Association Past President, unless Past President is unable to fulfill duties) will designate a Committee Co-Chair for each committee section. In addition, the Association President shall appoint an overall Coordinating Chairman of the Committee (non-voting). This Coordinating Chairman shall be the Immediate Past President of the Association, or such other qualified person if the Immediate Past President cannot serve.
A. Composition of Executive Committee
- President, President-Elect, Vice President and Immediate Past President.
- Seven Policy Division regional vice presidents elected by the policy division affiliates in each of the seven regions, plus its elected chair and vice chair
- Seven Federation Division regional vice presidents elected by the state beef councils in each of the seven regions, one veal director elected by the Federation Board,plus its elected chair and vice chair
- Affiliate Policy section seats (based on state investment level.)
- Affiliate Federation section seats (based on state investment level.)
- Ex-Officio non-voting members:
State Affiliate Executive Representative
Beef Council Executive Representative
Allied Industry Council Chair
Product Council Chair
Public Lands Council Chairman
Livestock Marketing Council Chair
Please contact the Governance team with any questions you may have: firstname.lastname@example.org