NCBA policy starts with individual members and ends with individual members who vote in a democratic process. One member equals one vote. We are grassroots driven. Every day we work for cattlemen in all 50 states through a network of individual producers and state and breed affiliate members. As the nation’s largest and oldest association representing cattle and beef producers, NCBA has a proud heritage that goes back to 1898. It starts with YOU! We work every day to increase profit opportunities for cattle and beef producers. Our success depends upon you, our members.
- Grassroots leadership. The volunteer leaders of NCBA are cattle producers just like you.
- Inclusive and responsive. Individual members introduce policy at NCBA meetings or through their state organizations. All members have the opportunity to vote on all association policy.
- Influential. NCBA is highly respected in Washington, D.C., and has a reputation for being influential with top policy-makers.
- Forward-thinking. Through a variety of educational programs—including Cattlemen’s College, Cattle Learning Center and the Young Cattlemen’s Conference—NCBA helps members succeed and become leaders in the industry.
- Dedication. NCBA’s government affairs office in Washington, D.C., has full-time staff working daily on ALL the issues that impact your way of life.
- Protection. As the voice of the cattle industry in Washington, D.C., NCBA is dedicated to protecting you from government overregulation and anti-industry activists, while standing up for common sense environmental legislation and private property rights.
- Vigilance. Some of the many issues NCBA tackles in Washington, D.C., include environmental issues, animal health, food safety, nutrition education, water rights, disaster/drought relief, international trade, tax relief and death tax reform, property rights, public lands access, Endangered Species Act reform, and animal ID.
- Effective. With more than 25,000 individual members and more than 60 state and breed affiliates, NCBA represents cattlemen across the United States. NCBA members are active everywhere at all levels of government.
- Make your voice heard. Vote on national beef industry policy
- Learn ways to improve your operation. Access valuable producer education through live demonstrations, National Cattlemen magazine and online courses
- Connect with producers around the country. Network with a large pool of experienced producers facing the same challenges as you
- Make a difference. Contact lawmakers directly through www.NCBA.org
- Protect your life. Stay up to date on important industry issues that may impact your business
- Protect the future of agriculture. Ensure a future for the next generation of cattle producers through education and policy development
Share Your Story