Meeting and Events Internship
This position was created to provide hands-on experience with the various facets of association event planning, including small meetings as well as a large-scale convention & trade show. The candidate will spend time with NCBA staff learning about association management operations, registration, housing, catering, audio-visual, sponsorships sales, customer service, supplier relations, exhibits/trade show, event marketing, entertainment, and overall event production.
This internship is full time in person in the Denver office.
- Spring Internship runs from January 15th - May 1st
- Summer Internship runs from May 15th - September 1st
- Fall Internship runs from September 15th - December 15th
Public Policy Internship
The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association, in conjunction with the Public Lands Council, offers internships for the fall, spring, and summer semesters in Washington, D.C. This internship is a unique chance for students interested in the beef industry and federal policy. Interns will have the opportunity to engage with NCBA and PLC staff on several fronts, including policy, communications, and membership, and will work closely with the lobbying and regulatory teams to advance policies important to the beef and sheep industries.
NCBA and PLC are affiliate organizations working on behalf of cattle producers and ranching families across the country. NCBA is producer-directed and consumer-focused, which creates a unique opportunity to unify policy and marketing efforts for the beef industry. Similarly, PLC works to maintain a stable business environment in which livestock producers that hold federal lands grazing permits can continue to conserve the resources and ranching heritage of the West. Together, NCBA and PLC represent the cattle and sheep industries and producers who operate on both public and private lands.
This internship is full time in person in the DC office.
- 2024 Spring Internship runs from January 3rd, 2024 - May 16, 2024
- 2024 Summer Internship runs from May 20th, 2024 - August 9th, 2024
- 2024 Fall Internship runs from August 14th, 2024 - December 15th, 2024
Please note, NCBA's Public Policy Internship positions are selected two semesters in advance.
Cattle Industry Convention and NCBA Trade Show internship interns work with the NCBA Convention Team at the largest event in the cattle industry, CattleCon! Cattle Industry Convention and NCBA Trade Show interns are vital to the success of CattleCon. Our intern positions provide a unique opportunity for students to gain first-hand experience and to interact with leaders from every segment of the cattle and beef industry. It truly is a one-of-a-kind opportunity!
Intern General Responsibilities:
Students will be assigned to help NCBA staff members and producers with a variety of meetings and events at the convention and trade show. Responsibilities may include:
- Setting up, taking down and working the Demo Arena, distribution of handouts, overseeing committee meeting sign-in, setting up the PAC Silent Auction and PAC booth, working the NCBA booth, support speakers at Cattlemen’s College, assist the media team, and other duties as required.
- Students may also help producers with their social media along with contributing in the social media booth.
- Minimum Junior-level college student at an accredited university (must be registered for and attending college). Senior-level and graduate students are encouraged to apply.
- Preferably have a background in the cattle and/or beef industry
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Students should be well versed in social media
- Excellent opportunity to network with industry stakeholders throughout the beef industry.
- Unique behind-the-scenes experience creating a convention from the ground up
- One-year NCBA student membership
Applications for the 2024 Cattle Industry Convention & NCBA Trade Show are now closed.
Applications for the 2025 Convention Internship Program will open Summer 2024