Thank you for your interest in applying for the Rancher Resilience Grant. This grant is designed to support cattle producers’ attendance at impactful education events. It is made possible by a partnership between the National Cattlemen’s Foundation and Cargill Protein and is administered by the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association.
How to apply:
Step 1: Select an event that qualifies for the grant and complete the scholarship application form (scroll down). Submit the application at least 21 days prior to the event you wish to attend. (one grant per household)
- If an event you are interested in attending is not on our approved event list, submit an event application to provide information so that we can reach out to event organizers to review content for possible qualification.
- One full grant per household, up to two additional family members (18 or older) within the same household can apply for a grant to cover registration only.
Step 2: We will reach out via email within fourteen business days of your application submission. The amount we approve is fixed for each specific event based on reimbursement of registration and housing costs. Recipients will need to cover any other expenses, such as travel, and meals not covered in the event registration.
Step 3: Visit https://www.usrsb.org/resources and complete the cow-calf, stocker and backgrounder OR feedyard modules.
- You will need to register for the modules on the USRSB.org website. You should receive a certificate of completion once you have completed all of the modules in the category.
- Save your certificate of completion to provide with the W9 form.
Step 4: Attendance at the event is mandatory for reimbursement eligibility. To successfully receive your reimbursement:
- When at the event, take a selfie photo of yourself that shows you at the event (with a program or by some event signage). Come back to this page to complete the survey and upload the photo (Complete the Survey).
- Complete a W-9 Form for our records (consult your tax advisor to understand any tax liability you may incur by receiving this grant).
Steps 1-4 must be completed within thirty (30) days of the event, or the grant will not be distributed.