Thank you for your interest in applying for the Rancher Resilience Grant. This grant is designed to support cattle producer attendance at impactful education events. It is made possible by a partnership between the National Cattlemen’s Foundation and Cargill Protein, and is administered by the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association.
How to apply:
Step 1: Click the “select an event” drop down below for events that qualify for the grant and complete the scholarship application form. Submit the application at least 30 days prior to the event you wish to attend.
- If an event you are interested in attending is not on our approved event list, submit an event application to provide information so that we can reach out to event organizers to review content for possible qualification.
Step 2: Visit https://www.usrsb.org/resources and complete the cow-calf, stocker and backgrounder OR feedyard modules. We will soon have module options for other sectors that might better fit your operation.
- At the end of the module, you will see a list of reasons you have engaged in this module,
- Be sure and select “To be eligible for education grant”.
- Enter same name and email address in the module that you use on this application.
Step 3: We will advise you by email of the approval or denial of your request within ten business days of your application submission, including the amount we have approved to reimburse for the event. This will be a fixed amount for each specific event based on reimbursement of registration and housing costs. Recipients will need to cover any other expenses, such as travel and meals not covered in the event registration.
Step 4: Attendance at the event is mandatory for reimbursement eligibility. To successfully receive your reimbursement:
- When at the event, get a photo of yourself that shows you at the event (with a program or by some event signage). Come back to this page to complete the survey and upload the photo (Complete the Survey).
- Complete a W-9 Form for our records (consult your tax advisor to understand any tax liability you may incur by receiving this grant).
- All the above steps should be completed within 30 days of the event. Once you have completed these steps, your grant funds will be distributed and sent to you within thirty days.